How much is a structural warranty liable to cost?
The cost of a structural warranty can vary wildly, dependent on the following factors:
- If the property is listed
- The area of the country in which the works are being undertaken
- The quality and reputation of the contractor
- The ratio of new build to existing structure sum insured
- The level of cover you have selected
- Whether your professionals require a subrogation waver
- The period of time over which the warranty is to apply.
This type of insurance may seem prohibitively expensive. However, you should bear in mind that what you are being asked to pay is a single premium in advance for an insurance contract that will last for ten or twelve years.
When you divide the premium by that period of time it may seem more reasonable than you originally thought.